Friday, November 18, 2005

So what am I playing now?

Honestly, this blog was only started so that my buddies could see what I was playing and join in online.

Sometimes, that actually happens.

I'm very flighty in my gaming habits. I usually only stick to a game for a month or so, and move on. This doesn't mean I buy new games every month. That's actually fairly rare. I usually end up digging out one of my old games or downloading a new demo. Being married and a dad sort of puts me permanently in the bargain bin game market.

I'm okay with that. Delayed gratification is a good thing. Early adopters are suckers.

So, what I'm playing.

Half-Life 2 - Single player game - Okay, Steam isn't so great, but this game is. The focus on fighting fascist stormtroopers in a 1984-esque police state is a great change in tone from most recent shooters. The paranoiac atmosphere is what makes it work. Random house searches, random beatings, locked doors, retina scanners, rooftop chases... it just works. And Ravenholm is freakin' creepy. Good, good shooter.

Dystopia - Cyberpunk HL2 multiplayer-only mod. Free, if you already have Half Life 2. Cortex bombs. Stealth suits. Leg implants. Matrix hacking. If you're a Cyberpunk 2020 RPG fan like I am (drool), you'll probably dig this. Since no one plays Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory anymore (Nein!), and Natural Selection is still way unbalanced, this is my new favorite team shooter. Fun.

WebSudoku - For my lunch breaks. Because crossword puzzles suck.

Tell me if you're interested in jumping on Dystopia, I'm a Heavy Armor junkie. We can shoot people and stuff.

My beloved minigun...

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found Suduku too. It is fun. I like it. My brain hurts sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home