Saturday, June 11, 2005

Ninja logging

If you haven't come across the term ninja logging, allow me to explain.

In any multiplayer online game, ninja logging refers to logging on, playing, never sending a message to your friends/family that are currently online, and logging off.

This creates the illusion that you're ignoring them, and for some reason is considered rude.

Ninja logging can also refer to being present in an online group in a game (usually on a quest) and logging off unexpectedly without any explanation at all.

The real life equivalent is arriving in a town where your friend lives, and never calling or visiting, then going back home.

My brothers that play Star Wars Galaxies always used to accuse me of this. I'd log on, play a bit, and log off. Later, they'd interpret this as an action on my part to avoid them. I never had a good explanation.

This will be a gaming blog, probably most directed at MMORPGs, but other games will be explored as well. I'm not shooting for a Terra Nova here, I'm aiming for more from the gamer perspective. I'll develop more of a thesis as I go.

Stuff I want to talk about:
How gaming affects you.
How gaming affects your family/friends.
Dynamics of online games.

I hope to do this with a minimal amount of hype.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just don't ignore your brothers. You also do it to your friends cracks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home